While cannabis has been around for some time, there has been a drastic change in public perception. As more people experience the benefits of cannabis consumption, the rise in demand has paved the way for widespread acceptance and legality.
In fact, studies report that the sales of legal marijuana will exceed the $23 billion benchmark by 2025 – in the US alone.
Ask any smoker, and they will have their preferred method of smoking up. While we strongly advocate the to-each-his-own policy, some smoking methods are doing more harm than good for your body.
This post will look through the various ways people choose to smoke cannabis – and elaborate on what we feel is the best method and why. Keep reading to find out:
The Difference Between Consuming CBD Oil And Smoking Cannabis
We won’t be discussing ways that people use CBD oils; we will instead be looking at ways that people smoke cannabis.
CBD and THC are two salient compounds of a cannabis plant. CBD oils exclude the THC from a cannabis plant and only focus on providing pain relief to users, while THC is the psychoactive compound of a cannabis plant and is considered a big part of smoking cannabis.
Smoking cannabis means consuming both CBD and THC while using CBD oils means consuming only CBD.
4 Most Common Ways Of Consuming Cannabis
Despite its positive effects, older people still don’t consume cannabis as much as younger people do.
This is primarily because cannabis has spent decades being on the wrong side of the war on drugs. This prolonged period of defamation has led to there being a stigma attached to the plant.
Thus, the most common ways to consume cannabis are also those that adhere to a younger lifestyle:
This is the most common way to consume cannabis globally; it involves rolling crushed marijuana in form of afgoo strain in rolling paper and smoking it like a cigarette.
- The tools to make it are easy to find
- Rolling a marijuana cigarette takes months of practice to perfect, so it’s not easy to do for everyone
- Most people add tobacco; this makes it a health hazard
- Promotes over-consumption
- The rolling papers are often made using harmful chemicals
- Expensive in the long-term because of the cost of papers, filters, grinders, and trays
Bongs are a better, albeit more restrictive method of consuming cannabis. You’ve probably seen movies with college students lighting a vase-like structure on fire; that’s a bong.
It involves adding crushed marijuana into one side of the bong and using the top-opening to inhale marijuana smoke that has been filtered through water.
- Filters the cannabis through clean water
- Helps avoid extra costs on papers, filters, and liquid pods
- Restricts portability as bongs are often big and frowned upon in public
- They are usually made of glass, making them fragile and dangerous
- Prone to water spillage because of its irregular design
- Prone to cannabis wastage because of its insecure design
- A reliable one is expensive
- Difficult to clean
Bowls are essentially smoking pipes; if you’ve seen a tobacco pipe, you’ve seen a marijuana bowl!
It is used by adding crushed marijuana into the ‘bowl’ end of the pipe, lighting it, and inhaling the smoke from the other end.
- Their small size makes them easy to carry and store
- Saves money on papers, filters, and liquid pods
- Glass-build makes them dangerous and fragile
- The small size makes it easy to lose or forget
- Very difficult to clean, often requires specific cleaning tools
- Usually dirty and unkempt because users leave them uncleaned
E-cigarettes and vape pens have seen a rise in users because of the hygiene-centric messaging around them. The more people believe vapes to be a safer option, the more they keep disappointing.
Vapes are battery-powered vaporizers that require an injection of cannabis-infused liquid. The vape has an atomizer that heats the liquid, turning it into smoke. This smoke then leaks out of the top.
- Promotes portability by being compact and discreet
- Does not require exhaustive preparations
- Usually odorless
- It’s expensive because of the recurring cost of liquid cartridges
- Atomizers in liquid vaporizers have had a long history of exploding
- Liquid cartridges are made using harmful chemicals
- Prone to creating a mess because of liquid cartridges
- Requires time to heat up adequately before starting vaporizing
Dry Herb Vaporizers: The Best Way To Consume Cannabis
Dry herb vaporizers are a massive improvement on regular vaporizers; they substitute the atomizer for a dry herb vaporizer.
This allows you to get the most out of the terpenes and cannabinoids in your flower!
It works the same way as a vape, but instead of using liquid cartridges, it requires dry grounded cannabis.
- Are portable
- Not dependent on harmful chemicals
- Do not use tobacco
- Do not break into thousands of shards of glass
- Do not require you to spend thousands every year on papers and filters
And we could go on! There is nothing more convenient than putting freshly crushed cannabis into your vape and reaping the benefits of cannabis at the push of a button.